New Year. New You. Old Advice.
The holiday season is over. It’s a new decade. It’s 2020 and you’re exhausted! And you’re not alone. Like all of us, you’ve probably been working, traveling, shopping, supporting, loving, caring, decorating, entertaining, packing, unpacking, getting sick, getting healthy, getting the perfect gift and tying it up with a bow.
“A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.”
But now it’s over. And normal life is the new norm. For us, it’s about getting back to work and back to a routine. Sure we have new, exciting resolutions to uphold. But we don’t need to talk about those right now. We’re pretty sure you’ve had enough of new year, new decade, new you.
Look, there’s a lot of chatter about all the things you can do to change your life right now. But we think it’s also a good idea to consider some of the things you can do to help you return to normalcy after the holidays. This is nothing new. It’s actually as old as time…DRINK WATER.
Water is everything. It’s the ultimate resolution. It’s the ultimate in healing. It’s the ultimate in hydration. And in case you need a refresher, below we’ve listed a few of water’s most impressive accomplishments. But first, may we make a few of our own recommendations.
Like, enjoy water. Celebrate water. And never hide water. In fact, why not present your water as you would present any other beverage. Put it in a carafe that represents your style and décor. Your color pallet. And yes… we have plenty of ideas on that front. Click to view all water glasses
A beautiful hand blown glass carafe and a tray full of glasses is actually a small way in which you can take a big environmental stand! No plastic bottles. Below are 15 benefits of drinking water:
- It lubricates the joints and can reduce joint pain.
- It forms saliva and mucus which helps us digest our food.
- It delivers oxygen throughout the body.
- It boosts skin health and beauty. (AKA… less wrinkles!)
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord and other sensitive tissues.
- It regulates body temperature.
- The digestive system depends on it (even more than Kombucha)
- It flushes body waste. Okay, moving on.
- The airways need it.
- It makes minerals and nutrients accessible.
- It prevents kidney damage.
- It boosts performance during exercise. The original performance enhancer!
- Helps with weight loss. Especially when you are replacing juices and sodas.
- It reduces the chance of a (holiday) hangover.
- It helps maintain blood pressure.
Information provided by Medical News Today
So try to drink 8-10 glasses of water each day. It’s the best thing you can do, to make life feel just a little bit more normal. Cheers!